Via Chinwe ” Blackgirllonghair”
WHY USE GRAPESEED OIL:
1. It is inexpensive. Compared to your more popular hair oils, this one is fairly inexpensive. Depending on where you purchase your grapeseed oil, it can cost almost 30-40% less than extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil. It also much cheaper and more accessible than jojoba oil.
2. It protects against moisture loss. Grapeseed oil contains a high amount of linoleic acid, a type of omega-6 fatty acid. Research has demonstrated that when applied to the skin, this fatty acid can help combat dryness by providing protection against moisture loss (Source). This may be good news for a dry scalp.
3. It is fairly light. The consistency of grapeseed oil is somewhere between that of jojoba oil and olive oil (though much closer to jojoba oil). Thus, if you find olive oil to be too heavy or want an alternative to jojoba oil, grapeseed oil may be worth a try.
4. It is odorless. Grapeseed oil is odorless which makes it easier to use alone or in recipes without needing to add a fragrance (e.g., an essential oil).
HOW TO USE GRAPESEED OIL:
1. As a sealant. Depending on your hair, grapeseed oil may work just fine as a sealant after a good wash and conditioning session. Just apply the oil to damp hair to lock in the moisture.
2. To enhance a moisturizer. This oil can be used to enhance your current moisturizer. Mix a little bit with your moisturizer to increase moisture retention.
3. To alleviate a dry scalp. As discussed earlier, linoleic acid has been demonstrated to provide a protection against moisture loss when applied to the skin. Since grapeseed oil consists of a very high amount (~70%) of this fatty acid, it can aid in alleviating a dry scalp.
4. Mix into a whipped butter. Grapeseed oil can mix well into whipped butters and increase the moisturizing/sealant properties of your mixture.
5. As a hot oil treatment. Use the oil alone or mixed with other oils as a hot oil treatment prior to your wash.
Have you ever uses Grapseed oil?.. What was your experience?