OK!!! So I know that I’m not the only one that struggles with keeping my curls bouncy and defined all day. It seems like every morning after I wet my hair my curls are vibrant and true to my curl pattern, but by the afternoon my hair looks like ” Who Shot John” !!! I’ve been searching for different techniques and products to hold my curls for a longer period of time, and I stumbled upon a method and products that work great.
1. First and foremost, make sure that you use a clarifying shampoo in order to remove product build up from your hair shaft. Gel’s, conditioners, hairspray’s, and even some daily shampoos can build up on your scalp and shaft, weighing down your hair and preventing your curls from forming properly.
2. Make sure that you maintain moisture in your hair and also choose curl forming gels or custards that won’t dry out your hair.
* Curls form the best in a moisturized environment, and I think that was one of my main issues with my curls not forming properly and not lasting.
3. When you are applying your moisturizing gel or custard, make sure that you use the technique of applying the product into sections in stead of just rubbing it all through your hair. This technique will offer you a more defined and lasting look.
4. Once you have applied your desired curl forming product, make sure that you either let it air dry or use a defuser before you style your hair. The key is to let your hair completely dry before styling, so that you won’t experience any frizziness.
5. If you are doing a twist out make sure to twist your hair with the product of your choice, let it dry, and then take it out, to have a more defined look.
6. Remember, the best results start with clean hair ! Don’t try to use to many products at one time. Just keep it simple ! 1. Clarifying Shampoo 2. Leave-In Conditioner 3. Styling Gel or Custard.
1. Kera Care Defining Custard
2. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel
3. As I Am Curling Jelly Coil and Curl Definer
4. Organic Roots Lock & Twist Gel ( for twist- outs)
Try out this method and leave a comment to let me know how it works for you 🙂