Written By Maicurls
So I have been experimenting again! And I am excited to share my…
Flaxseed Spray Gel
Yes you read that right, DIY Flaxseed Spray Gel!
Now let me clarify, it is basically Flaxseed Gel that I dilute down to make it thin enough to pass through a spray pump and spray out evenly… I LOVE it!
I have a video up explaining my process (below)
How I make it
To make my mix I use my DIY Rosewater infused Flaxseed Gel recipe and then add extra
- Plain bottled water*
to thin it out. I also throw the mix in my blender to pulse it and that is it!
*To water it down you can use any liquid of choice. I choose to use Rosewater and plain water because I actually use them in my Flaxseed Gel recipe and because I my hair loves them.
You watch the video of how I make my DIY Rosewater infused Flaxseed Gel below:
When making the spray, there are two things you need to make sure of:
- You are using a spray bottle that will evenly mist out the spray instead of “spit out” the gel.
- You have the right consistency so that the pipe of the spray will actually pickup the gel.
*It might take a bit of trial and error till you find the right container and get the right consistency for your spray.
Flaxseed Spray and Regular Gel
When do I use the spray?
- I like to use this on dry hair since it is gives a light hold so using it on wet hair would just further dilute down the gel.
- I use it to help tame flyaways
- Lightly holdup an updo
- When I do not want to dampen my hair with too much products (e.g. when my hair is stretched)
- When I want to have gentle hold on a twist-out with out resorting to using a lot of gel (e.g. if I need to touch up a twist-out but do not want to waste products on hair that will be washed in a day).
Do you use a spray gel? If so what do you use? I you try Flaxseed Spray Gel I would love to hear about your experiences!